Wednesday, October 7, 2009

To Pink or not to Pink, that is the question



Having a girl has brought up a vital question, "to Pink or not to Pink" If you really know me well, you will have noticed, I never wear pink. I only own one pink sweater (that was given to me) that I will wear on Valentines Day, and that is it!! I do not like Pink, Sam I am. Not in a boat, not with a goat. Not with my hair, not with a flair. Not here, not there, not anywhere!! Having this aversion, I have been asked many times, "Can Charlotte wear pink?" and here is my public response......MOST DEFINITELY YES!! I want to actually be a good parent, and I can't start off with pushing my likes and dislikes onto her. If she wants pink, she can wear it...eat it...sleep it... live it!!!...for all I care. I also hate mushrooms...she will get to have those too. I seriously dislike most any kind of meat...she'll will NOT be a vegetarian. As you will see with these pictures, she is darn cute in pink (thanks to Sherry's cute outfit!!) and she will continue to be cute in it until she decides to follow in her impeccable mother's footsteps, or her mother caves and becomes a horrible mom. :)






Here in this clip you will see that Charlotte has an addiction, HICCUPS!! We're still working on step one, admitting that she has no power over these horrible hiccups. They hit at the most inopportune times, and last as long as they want. She had these a lot while she was still in my stomach, and they have followed her here. I think they will follow her to the ends of the earth. :)


More Drama but I'm too lazy to do more than just list them:
-Charlotte's bilirubin levels are out of the danger zone, yet we STILL have to keep her under the lights for an undetermined amount of time.
-That means that every morning early, we still have to go to UVRMC and get Charlotte's heel pricked and the blood MILKED out of her. It is very traumatizing.
-My husband, and sister, and mom were given the wrong flu shot by a totally incompetent nurse, and ended up getting a double shot of the regular flu shot instead of the swine flu shot!! Making it so that now they can't get the swine flu shot for a while. But luckily, she corrected her idiocy by the time I got my swine flu shot.
-I fell asleep sitting straight up, and burping Charlotte (yes, that means that I was actually in movement and still fell asleep!!)
-Today was my actual due date!! :)

6 comments:

Carrot said...

To Pink! Definitely! She is adorable, and as much as I also don't like the color, she does look quite fetching in that pink outfit ;)

Melanee Raynes said...

I want to punch that nurse in the mouth.

Alexa Stole Derrick said...

YAY!! PINK!!!! I never liked pink when I was younger, but I do now. I'm so glad she can have pink :) Charlotte is So So So cute!!!

Stefanie Raynes said...

Charlotte already looks so different...and is that red I see in her hair?

Marshall and Alison said...

I love that second to last picture. Such a gorgeous baby!

Aubrey said...

What a doll! I'm lovin' all the pictures. And I've seen you in pink, you looked awesome! :)