Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Santa, friends, sleep and Christmas! Can't get better than that!!

We have been sleep training Charlotte, and she does great during the day! She is great at napping......not so great at night! Up until recently, this is how she would sleep at night. IN MY ARMS. She would throw out her arms and just own the space on that recliner! I loved having her sleep in my arms and miss it A LOT sometimes. But, alas, I have to go back to work in a couple weeks and she needs to do this on her own. But to document this, I had to have Bry take pictures of us sleeping so I'll always be able to remember those early months.



Having a baby is one of those life altering moments that really shows you who your friends are and who you can rely on and I was pleasantly surprised to have some new people come up to the surface. Like my neighbor, Jeffani. She is just a doll, and is always so willing and nice!! She bought this outfit for Charlotte, and you know I would just die over it since it is polka dots! Plus, isn't this just the cutest picture!!
Lastly, we finally brought Charlotte into my school for everyone to meet, and she was ADORED!! She smiled and was pleasant and made everyone fall in love with her. She even got to sit on Santa's lap when he came to our classroom (special shout out to Janelle who set that all up for my students, SO COOL of her) She was getting so tired of being the center of attention that when I put her in Santa's arms she just snuggled right in and went to sleep!

So Christmas is on the way and here in this house we love Christmas Specials, like Santa vs. The Snowman, Prep and Landing, and all those wonderful claymation classics like Rudolph & Frosty!! But we discovered a new one this year called Cranberry Christmas. The plot is lack luster, and the animation juvenile, but any true Raynes will accept it as gospel once they know all the songs and narrations are done by none other than BARRY MANILOW!! Now, I couldn't just tell you that and not let you taste some of that heaven, so enjoy the clip! But if you want to watch the entire thing come by the house, we have it on DVR, or it is on ABC Family on Christmas Day at 10 am! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!

3 comments:

Melanee Raynes said...

Love the baby. Love the Kennedy's. Turns out I've seen that before...how did I not connect it was Barry?!?

Jessica said...

Hey, your little girl is darling!! I love her cute smile! Thanks so much for commenting on my problem, I will seriously give you a call today because I have just been miserable. I went to the doc and he's started me on some exercises to do every day along with some tylenol every night and some different ways to sleep and I've only been doing it for one night and this morning I really did feel a little better. My sciatic nerve or maybe it was the same problem you had a while back is still acting up and so I limp wherever I go. But yeah.. I'll call you! Thanks so much for your willingness to help me. :)

Stefanie Raynes said...

Those pics of you sleeping together are precious! Those early months are such snuggly fun! LOVE LOVE LOVE the Barry Manilow show! Let's have mom DVR it, then we can watch it together at her house for Christmas!