Sunday, March 22, 2009

To know or not to know, that is the question!


We finally made the decision. We are NOT going to find out the sex of the baby before the baby comes. It will make the delivery day that much more special, and maybe help me keep my mind off the pain! :) But we have heard some interesting theories!
Theory 1:
Look at the father of the child and how many siblings he has. Which ever one there are more of is what the first baby will be. So Bryan has 5 kids in his family. 3 boys and 2 girls. So that is making it seem like its gonna be a boy!
Theory 2:
An old wives tales says the baby's heartbeat while in utero can tell you the sex of the baby. If the heart beat is less than 140 than it is a boy, and if it is above 140 than it is a girl. Well, our baby's heart was 168 at our last check-up and that is making it seem like its gonna be a girl!
So those are the theories we've seen so far...do you know any more you want to share and in October we'll see which ones come true and which don't!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think it is so exciting to not find out. I will be looking for some gender neutral stuff!

Dani and Bryan said...

Thanks! The other reason I'm doing this is so people can't buy me pink baby clothes! You can't be gender neutral and buy pink clothes! You know how much I can't stand pink. :) I am much happier to dress the kid in greens and blues and some yellows, maybe.

Stephanie said...

Well I might just get something pink too.. hahaha you crack me up!

Stefanie Raynes said...

I am so proud of your will power! I lie and say I am further along, just so I can go and find out what the sex is. I guess I will be buying you green and yellow stuff...

So, I heard a good wives tale for this. Go and hide a spoon and a fork int he couch. If Bryan finds the fork first its a boy, if he finds the spoon its a girl!

Wait...this might have been some witchcraft instead of a wives tale..I can never tell the two apart.

Dani and Bryan said...

wives tale..witch craft.. aren't they the same things anyways?! :)

Pica said...

We didn't find out with our first kid (although i always felt like it was a boy). it's nice to just enjoy the baby and not think too much about boy baby or girl baby things. Carters has some great stuff I think as far as neutral baby things (and what's great too is that you'll have things for your next kid later down the road)

I don't have any wife's tales but one day when i was really wanting to know i talked to the baby and told it to kick once for a boy twice for a girl. He only kicked once! lol

actually it can help a lot when you come down to delievery time b/c (at least for me) you need every motivation you can have to get through it....and then you forget it all as soon as you see the baby. its really kinda wierd

karla said...

Bryan's dad came from a family of 5kids too; 2 girls, 3 boys and Lora is the oldest of Bryan's siblings. Bryan's Grandfather (Richard H. Kennedy) had a 1/2 brother & 1/2 sister & the first born was a girl (Bryan's Aunt Kitty). Guess the best bet is "wait & see" on the sex & if red headed. Sandy/Reddish hair is on Bryan's Grandmother's side. Grandmother Kennedy's father (Roy Wray)& his brothers had Sandy/Reddish hair. Keep your fingers crossed.