Friday, January 16, 2009

Life's Little Joys

We live in the basement of our house. As with all Basement living, it can get COLD!! I am not one for cold, and my husband knows this. He bought me the coolest Christmas Present, it is called a Snuggie, which is basically a blanket with sleeves! It is the best!! Well, if we don't turn the heat up during the day, my bedroom gets quite nippy and it is like jumping in between sheets of ice when we climb into bed. Bryan, the warm hearted one, LOVES it, and so I try to leave the heat down, and just use blankets. (It also saves money) But every night I climb into bed and shiver for a few minutes until my body warmth has warmed up my blankets. Tonight I caught my amazingly thoughtful and kind husband doing something a little weird! I came in to go to bed, and he was using my blow dryer to heat up the sheets and blankets on my side of the bed! I was one of the sweetest, kindest, oddest thing he's ever done for me. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, isn't he the best!?!!! By the way, it is one of life's little joys to jump into a nice and toasty warm bed. If you haven't tried it, YOU SHOULD! :)

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

HAHAHAHA. Bryan you are a crack up. That is too cute. I'll have to try that one. :) I love jumping into a toasty bed.

Kris10 said...

My brother is the COOLEST!!!! Or does this make him the hottest? Don't even want to go there....

Stefanie Raynes said...

What a DOLL!

Libby said...

Dawn got us this electric blanket like bed cover thing that goes on the mattress. We turn it on, jump in, and then turn it off. It might save Bryan some time in the years to come. Good job with the brownie points Bryan!

Marshall and Alison said...

He IS the best! How thoughtful. Every day is Valentines at your house. :)