Saturday, January 12, 2008

One Year Today



There are lots of things that go unexplained in this world. Many mysteries that exist like Bigfoot, Lochness Monster, Britney Spears, and many more! (Just check the magazine isle at the grocery store!) But there is one thing that shouldn't be a mystery is how much I love my husband! I thought I would do a series of posts about Bryan and me. Ya know, the stories behind "us". :) I thought it would be interesting and I also know that I'll forget them if I don't document them somehow!!
Today, January 12, a year ago was the first day I met my husband face to face. We had already been talking and emailing for months, but we hadn't seen each other in person. I left school about a half an hour early so that I could get to the airport on time. I just dumped my kids with the other 5th grade teacher and plopped them infront of a movie. They didn't complain! They loved it!! I was so excited, but nervous cause it was starting to snow and I hate driving in the snow especially to Salt Lake! I got there in time though and had to wait about 15 minutes. They were the longest 15 minutes of my life, no joke! Then his plane started to come down and get their bags, no Bryan anywhere. There were people all around me hugging and talking and from the snippets of the conversations I knew it was his plane, but still no Bryan. I waited and waited, and STILL NO BRYAN!! ( I found out later that he waited to be the last one off the plane and then went to the bathroom and took his sweet time coming down.) I had been a bit worried that I wouldn't recognize him and now I was terrified that I hadn't recognized him. How was that going to look! Sorry hun, I guess I didn't see you, even thought I didn't take my eyes off those escalators for a second! Then I saw his legs....I know it sounds weird, but you can't see their heads at first as they come down the escalator, but I knew it was him. I can still remember him coming down that escalator with a searching look. I just had a big smile on my face and then he saw me. He walked through the crowd and gave me a big hug. (If he hadn't been such a chicken he should have kissed me! :) ) I did tell him that he had to at least hug me, but that if he tried to give me a hand shake after all we'd gone through I would dump him right then and there! :)
We went and got his bags and he was holding one in his hand that was between us so he kept hitting me with his bag, I gotta admit, it hurt! So I asked him if I could give him a hand, and he said, "Sure, I'll take this one." and he switched his bag to the other hand and grabbed my hand. (Smooth one Bry, smooth!) I'll have to tell you the rest of the day's events later when I write about our first date! For a teaser, lets just say at one point during the date I ended up on the flat of my back! :)
So now we have started a family tradition. Every January 12 we are going to drive to the airport, and if we don't live in Utah we'll drive to the nearest airport, and keep the tradition alive! Off we go! I hope it doesn't snow!

4 comments:

Kris10 said...

I love that story...and I especially love your new tradition! It makes my heart so happy!!!

Stephanie said...

I love that tradition. I love hearing your stories,even though I know the majority of them it is still fun to hear again. Great idea Dani. I heart you both mucho!! Happy "first meeting" anniversary.

Marshall and Alison said...

Keep writing these, I love it! Bryan just gets better and better the more I know him.

Stefanie Raynes said...

CUTEST STORY EVER! I can't wait to read more!