Monday, November 5, 2007

HALLOWEEN SHOULD LAST ALL YEAR!!

Halloween was a BLAST!! It really is my favorite holiday, always has, always will. Bryan and I tried really hard to make it special this year by making some fun holiday food for my family's annual Halloween Orange Sunday Dinner, and our Halloween Night Chili & Costume party. Here are some pics of what we made and of our FABULOUS Costumes!!




Now you need to know that Bryan hasn't dressed up in almost ten years! Aw, what he does for his deranged wife! :)




These are the treats made into a graveyard scene (Bryan is very creative) plus, these are special made treats for the sprue victims in the family. Love ya Mom and Gma!



Here are the treats for all us normal wheat eating people. (I am going to be struck down with the sprue for that comment! My defense against the family allergy is complete denial and plenty of mocking. So far so good!) Please take note of the cute witches, draculas, and special made gravestones for Jon. :)


The Bones were a huge hit. I think the kids liked them best because when you bit into them there was red marrow (raspberry jam) that came oozing out! Aren't the eyeballs and strawberry ghosts cool!


The coffins were a breeze to make, and so good!


The Mummy Cheese Log (completely homemade by Bryan!) was such a hit! The adults as well as the kids enjoyed the yummy cheese. We made another one just for Mom and Gma and I think they are still enjoying it! :) All of you in need of the recipe talk to Bryan! He kind-a invented it!



These little mummy dogs where every mother's favorite because the kids actually ate them! The one night that you can hardly get your kids to eat anything other than candy, and they ate these! Even ROMAN!! The notorious non-eater ate a whole one!



We'd like to send out a special thank you to all of Danielle's students who donated fingers for this dish. They are still having fun trying to write in cursive with the limited amount of fingers they have left. Camryn was especially thankful as she ate most of them!! Camryn, I'll tell my class you said their fingers sure were tasty!



I couldn't pass up putting this one back up because it illustrates the kind of lengths us Raynes will go to have a Red Headed Child! :) Chance just pray your hair come in naturally red! he he (your a good sport Marsh)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh Dani how i have missed you. Welcome back to the blogging world. I don't think I will ever understand why you like Halloween so much but I am kinda glad because I will just bring my kids over and they can have some good memories of this holiday, otherwise they wont have any!

Marshall and Alison said...

Danielle! I am so glad you took pictures of all of Bryan's creations. They were so great. Don't you love that picture of Chance? Marsh first was like "take that off please" and then the next time I talked to him, he had printed it out and put it up in his office. Can't resist a cheese in a hot pink wig!